Many thanks to everyone who auditioned for this summer’s Louth tour of The Yeomen of the Guard – it was particularly encouraging to have so many auditions from new people who have not “done Louth” before. Overall the standard of auditions was the highest we’ve had and this made casting a long and difficult process, but we are now delighted to announce the cast as follows:
- Sir Richard Cholmondeley – Edward Thomson
- Colonel Fairfax – Dave Anstice-Pim
- Sergeant Meryll – Robin Avery
- Leonard Meryll – Daniel Timms
- Wilfred Shadbolt – Tony Bannister
- Jack Point – Simon C.B. Jones
- 1st Yeoman – Michael McLeod
- 2nd Yeoman – Rob Sanders Hewett
- The Headsman – Bob Vaughan
- Elsie Maynard – Victoria Mulley
- Phoebe Meryll – Laura Jamie Anstice-Pim
- Dame Carruthers – Helena Culliney
- Kate – Bee Bradley
Congratulations to everyone!
Remember that everyone is welcome to join the chorus – which includes some of the very best ensemble music that Sullivan ever composed. A NewLOG chorus always has a fantastic time on stage (and off!), and we have lots of fun business planned for our lively ensemble of Yeomen and gentlefolk, so please get in touch – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Our show fee is just £60 and accommodation costs in Louth are very reasonable, with B&Bs and hotels as well as self-catering cottages to share.
Rehearsals begin at 7.00pm on Wednesday 6 April at Holy Trinity Church, Prince Consort Road, Kensington SW7 2BA. The performances will take place at the Riverhead Theatre in Louth, Lincolnshire and you’ll need to be there from 22-26 June for a “busman’s holiday” of performance, camaraderie and (somewhat) organised fun!
Chris & Alex